Friday 27 August 2010

Vintage Shopping In Exeter :)

So, yesterday I went into Exeter to see Piers once again. We weren't really planning on doing all that much with our day, and decided to have a walk along the Exeter Quay, which can be very pretty at times. On our way, we noticed a little Retro shop (Can't remember the actual name, I'll look it up later!),  and decided to take a peek, since Piers was looking for a new umbrella for his flatmate Charles, whose umbrella he had broken. Naughy Piers. Turned out that the only umbrellas they had were very girly, very old, and apparently not "manly" enough to be a "man's umbrella". BUT the shop was absolutely amazing, featuring a particular chair which you could totally sink into, it was incredible! Plus everything was so cheap, it was awesome! I can hardly wait for my next pay-day now, since I saw so many pretty little knick-knacks which certainly took this Vintage girl's fancy! We even found two old deckchairs for £25, which Piers seemed very tempted by!

BUT this wasn't enough, I was dragged around a vintage clothing shop, where I was almost overwhelmed by an abundance of corsets, dresses and suitcases just begging to be bought! If only I'd been paid...Sigh. AND an antique shop, too, featuring comical postcards and some rainbow and Chezch crystal jewelery which took my fancy, since my Nanan often wore pieces like this, so we left feeling nostalgic!

All in all, I'd certainly reccommend going antique/vintage clothing shopping in Exeter! There's a wide variety of items to choose from, and the shops in question don't dissappoint! I will upload photos very soon, on my next trip! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet!

Sweet!
Such a cute cream ditsy print dress :)